Fayetteville Policies and Procedures  213.0 

Memorandum of Agreement between Campuses of the University

Occasionally the university desires to use the services of an employee on another campus of the university to teach a class or present a program. The only way the individual providing the services can be reimbursed for these services is through a Memorandum of Agreement between the two campuses. The Agreement is completed and signed by both campuses, and the campus providing the service bills the University of Arkansas located in Fayetteville. The campus providing the service is required to complete a change in status adjusting the salary of the employee providing the service.

A Memorandum of Agreement form is attached, indicating the necessary information that must be supplied by both campuses.

Every Memorandum of Agreement should state the campuses involved, the time period the service will be provided, the name of the individual providing the service, and the name of the course to be taught. The amount paid to the campus providing the service should state the salary as one figure and fringe benefits as a separate figure, based upon the current fringe benefit percentage.

The approving signatures should include the administrative head of the department providing the service, the vice chancellor for finance and administration at the University of Arkansas located in Fayetteville, the chief fiscal officer of the providing agency, the vice chancellor for academic affairs at the University of Arkansas located in Fayetteville, the vice chancellor for academic affairs at the providing campus, and final approval by the vice president for finance and administration for the University of Arkansas System.

Other signatures can be added to the Agreement as the campus deems appropriate.

After all signatures are obtained, the original of the form is returned to the dean of the department requesting the service. When the service is complete, the department requesting the service forwards the Memorandum of Agreement to the associate vice chancellor for financial affairs to use as an invoice for payment to the providing campus. Other copies of the form should be forwarded to everyone signing the form.

The employee's change in status must be submitted via BASIS using the Position System/Budget Menu (PSB) to payroll by the instructor's department so an adjustment can be made to the employee's salary. The Memorandum of Agreement pays the university campus, not the employee. Therefore, if the employee's department does not complete an electronic change in status the employee will not be paid.

Other campuses of the university occasionally request the services of individuals from the Fayetteville campus to teach a course or make a presentation. A similar form should be submitted by the requesting campus, making sure that the salary and fringe benefits are indicated separately.

Reformatted for Web March 21, 2014
Revised November, 1998